[CentOS] Yum thing

Henk van Lingen henkvl at cs.uu.nl
Tue Sep 6 11:27:14 UTC 2005

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 06:10:23AM -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:

  > > the version numbers differ, I have 2 spamassassin pkgs in different
  > > repo's (updates and my own addons) which are seen as updates to
  > > eachother:

  <snip>

  > Not sure, but you can use an:
  >
  > exclude=perl-Mail-SpamAssassin
  >
  > in the repo that has the old one and see if that helps. (This would go
  > in the configuration for that repo and not in the global configuration).
  >
  > If it still happens, there is an issue with the new version of
  > spamassassin.

  It still happens. Also note that 'yum check-update' doesn't show anything,
  but yum update says:

  Resolving Dependencies
  --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
  ---> Package spamassassin.i386 0:3.0.4-1.el4 set to be updated
  --> Running transaction check

  Dependencies Resolved
  Transaction Listing:
  Install: spamassassin.i386 0:3.0.4-1.el4 - update

  Other Transactions:
  Obsoleting: perl-Mail-SpamAssassin.i386 0:3.1.0-1 with
  spamassassin.i386 0:3.0.4-1.el4

  Total download size: 680 k
  Is this ok [y/N]: N
  Exiting on user Command
  Complete!

  So there probably is something with my new version. What to look for?

  jelsum:/root-# rpm -qip --provides --requires
  /users/www/archive/CS-Yum/cs-addons/redhat/el4/RPMS/spamassassin-3.1.0-1.i386.rpm
  Name        : spamassassin                 Relocations: /usr
  Version     : 3.1.0                             Vendor: Utrecht University
  Release     : 1                             Build Date: Thu 01 Sep 2005
  10:56:35 AM CEST
  Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: sarastro.cs.uu.nl
  Group       : Applications/Mail             Source RPM:
  spamassassin-3.1.0-1.src.rpm
  Size        : 834683                           License: Apache License 2.0
  Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Thu 01 Sep 2005 10:56:36 AM CEST, Key ID
  d5ea1490b25d630f
  Packager    : Henk van Lingen <henkvl at cs.uu.nl>
  URL         : http://spamassassin.apache.org/
  Summary     : a spam filter for email which can be invoked from mail
  delivery agents
  Description :
  SpamAssassin provides you with a way to reduce, if not completely
  eliminate,
  Unsolicited Bulk Email (or "spam") from your incoming email.  It can be
  invoked by a MDA such as sendmail or postfix, or can be called from a
  procmail
  script, .forward file, etc.  It uses a perceptron-optimized scoring system
  to identify messages which look spammy, then adds headers to the message
  so
  they can be filtered by the user's mail reading software.  This
  distribution
  includes the spamc/spamc components which considerably speeds processing
  of
  mail.
  config(spamassassin) = 3.1.0-1
  libspamc.so
  spamassassin = 3.1.0-1
  /bin/sh
  /bin/sh
  /bin/sh
  /bin/sh
  /sbin/chkconfig
  /usr/bin/perl
  config(spamassassin) = 3.1.0-1
  libc.so.6
  libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
  libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
  libdl.so.2
  perl(Carp)
  perl(Config)
  perl(Cwd)
  perl(Digest::SHA1)
  perl(Errno)
  perl(File::Path)
  perl(File::Spec)
  perl(File::Spec) >= 0.8
  perl(Getopt::Long)
  perl(IO::Handle)
  perl(IO::Pipe)
  perl(IO::Socket)
  perl(Mail::SpamAssassin)
  perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::ArchiveIterator)
  perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::Logger)
  perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::Message)
  perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::NetSet)
  perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgLearner)
  perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::SpamdForkScaling)
  perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::SubProcBackChannel)
  perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::Util::Progress)
  perl(POSIX)
  perl(Pod::Usage)
  perl(Pod::Usage)
  perl(bytes)
  perl(lib)
  perl(strict)
  perl(vars)
  perl(warnings)
  perl-Mail-SpamAssassin = 3.1.0-1
  rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
  rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
  jelsum:/root-#

  Cheers,

--
Henk van Lingen, Systems & Network Administrator              (o-      -+
Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University.                /\        |