[CentOS] Anyone running giFTui successfully on CentOS?

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Thu Sep 8 15:56:11 UTC 2005

>The easiest way to do this is as root:
># rpmbuild --rebuild foo-1.0-1.src.rpm
># rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/foo-1.0-1.i386.rpm

Oh... I thought rebuilding RPMs involved a lot of programming knowledge
or something. Lord knows configuring and making binaries is tricky, at
least for a newbie.
Does that pattern you've written above apply for most package rebuilds?

>I went ahead and did this for giFTui-0.4.1 for you...

Hey, thanks! That's really cool of you.

But, as is often the case with my Linux experience, I'm on to the next
error:

[dave at localhost ~]$ giftui
giftui : No host to connect /apps/giftui/daemon/host.
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x089f4448 ***
Aborted

Perhaps giFTui is just too beta to be used by me.
Anyone recommend a good peer to peer software for all the non-bittorrent
networks, like gnutella and eDonkey?

Dave