[CentOS] Re: Why is yum not liked by some? -- CVS analogy (and why you're not getting it)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 16:25:25 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 11:11, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> I'm at a loss for words now.
>
> I think that's basically what everyone was saying earlier.
> Take one system, and use the RPMs in its YUM cache.
> It's straight-forward and easy to do.

Please quantify easy.  Will you do it for me every time it
needs to be done?  Today I'd have a use for at least 6 variations,
although I guess you'd double that with the suggested overlap
of testing/staging instances. With a little thought about the process,
yum updates could be made to be repeatable without extra work, network
traffic or any other overhead.  I just don't see why this is not
considered desirable.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com