[CentOS] Re: Why is yum not liked by some? -- CVS analogy (and why you're not getting it)

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Sep 9 19:26:35 UTC 2005

On Friday 09 September 2005 13:49, Les Mikesell wrote:
> files here.  I'm asking for repeatable actions with all the
> same stuff available plus possibly some new things I'd prefer
> to ignore.

Ok, Les, try:
rsync the header cache (found in /var/cache/yum/$repository/header) from the
test box to production (they are small files)
yum -C update (on the production box target of the rsync). Assuming the test
box repository is populated from the internet (you said internet connectivity
from production was better than to the test box), then the update on
production should pull in the right files (assuming they still exist on that
repository, which they might or might not).

And see if that helps.  The 'yum -C' keeps yum from updating the cache; if
you're good, you can edit these headers and remove things you don't want.

You seem to need a staging repo box out with the production boxes to help with
your testbox -> production bandwidth bottleneck.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology