[CentOS] maximum cpus/cores in CentOS 4.1

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Fri Sep 9 22:21:08 UTC 2005

Mike McCarty wrote:
> Bryan, may I speak as a friend?
> I think that the thread about yum has gotten you
> (somewhat) understandably agitated, and it's starting to
> spill over a little into other areas.

Actually, when I asked "are you for real?" I was being
_dead_honest_.  He's so off-base, I honestly can't believe
he's saying what he's saying.

The YUM thread actually wasn't too agitating.  And now that
DAG has spoken up, it's a good sign to drop things.  I
actually came up with a hack that I'm going to try
internally.  If it does the job, I'll offer it as a patch to
various YUM tools and the YUM client.

> I suggest that you back off and relax with a cold one
> (it's 5:00 here in Dallas)

Can't.  I'm working late every night, including the weekend
right now.  I went from my last client last week (and
finishing endless documentation) to my new employer this week
and we're knee deep in supporting FEMA.

Not to mention there was 1,000 miles between the two.

William Warren <hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com>
wrote:
> Actually, the other person that Bryan is talking to is
> saying things that are wholly wrong.  Wrong to the point
> that even a non-engineer type like me knows how off-base
> the other party is.  Bryan is understandably agitated but
> the other party needs to do a bit of research(easily done
> on google) about cpu and i/o interconnects in a high i/o
> environment.

That's why I asked if he "was for real"?  ;->

I am _purposely_not_ bringing up my background because people
say I'm sporting my resume.

> Hopefully the other party will see the huge error in his
> statements and at least acknowledge the errors.

I could care less whether or not he acknowleges them.  I'm
not into "ego" -- I'm into "accuracy."  If you re-read
through _all_ my posts, I'm all about "accuracy."

I _never_ hold things over people, although I know my
insistance to be "accurate" does cause many people to
understandably dislike me.  I find the people I have the most
"difficulty" with are the ones who constantly differ with
myself.

Especially one who have not actually deployed first-hand what
they are talking about.  No offense, but that's the YUM and
maximum CPU threads right there.

But DAG has spoken, so I will now fall silent.