[CentOS] Yum configuration and freshrpms

Dave Gutteridge

dave at tokyocomedy.com
Sat Sep 10 02:51:49 UTC 2005

(Moved over from "Re: [CentOS] Why is yum not liked by some?")

>As a matter of interest, what baseurl are you using for freshrpms?

It took me a while, but I found this in my yum.conf file:
[freshrpms]
name=Fedora Core 1 - Freshrpms
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/1/$basearch/freshrpms/
mirrorlist=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/1/mirrors-freshrpms
gpgcheck=1

I went ahead and removed it because it seems like people on this list
are telling me that freshrpms doesn't have files that I should be using.
But since I might have installed some programs from freshrpms, is there
something I can do to clean up my system or verify that all the rpms are
ones that I should be using with CentOS?

Dave