[CentOS] Yum configuration and freshrpms [SOLVED]

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Sat Sep 10 13:17:57 UTC 2005

>diff --side-by-side with_freshrpms without_freshrpms > diff_freshrpms
>and look at the file diff_freshrpms .... items with a "|", "<", or ">"
>are different (so are installed by freshrpms).

I think I may have dodged a bullet here. Doing exactly as you say, when
I got to this stage, there were no entries in the diff_freshrpms file
that had a "|", "<", or ">".
I checked both with a visual inspection and by running searches for all
three characters in my text editor.
I'm assuming that means I'm safe and I don't have to worry about my
system having undesirable RPMs from the freshrpms repository.

Thanks to everyone for giving clear and helpful instructions.

Dave