[CentOS] Missing libs on install

Sam Drinkard sam at wa4phy.net
Sat Sep 10 16:03:47 UTC 2005

No, the xset force off does not turn the monitor off, but it does blank
the screen as if it were in perhaps suspend mode.  The card is an ATI
X600 card with the ATI drivers installed.  It also has an ATI Mach 64
card in it that has the same behavior.  The cable is OK, as is the
monitor since it works on other machines that support energy savings
modes.

As for the libs, I was just surprised that a lib as common as termcap
did not get put in from the CD's as part of the base installation.  Not
a big deal, but it sure makes compiling things tough when it can't find
them and you assume all the common libs are installed.  I'm not sure if
this is the first time or 2nd time that has happened since I did the
original install on one drive, the replaced it with a larger drive.
Either way, just thought I'd ask and let somebody know that perhaps its
not being picked up on initial install

--
Snowman