[users] Re: [CentOS] Yum issues with swatch

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Sep 11 04:46:59 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 21:20 -0700, Ed Morrison wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>
> >----
> >I'm afraid Dag is correct - as I have tried to build on my
> >'Whitebox' (EL-3) system, I cannot get perl-Date-Calc
> >
> >note to Dag -
> >
> >http://rpmforge.net/user/packages/packages-p.php
> >
> >doesn't list perl-Date-Calc at all
> >
> >Craig
> >

> Ya, I failed myself, then I realized the point Dag was making.
> Unfortunately, as of now, I do not know how to start in creating a
> perl-Date-Calc rpm to submit to rpmforge.
>
> Looks like I need to start googling.
----
tougher than it first appears

perl -MCPAN -e shell

install Date::Calc

has some dependencies as well.

to build them in an rpm, you would have to download the perl modules
from cpan, create a spec file that builds the rpm from the tarballs you
downloaded from cpan.

but even though I have installed Date::Calc, I still can't build the
rpm.

Craig