[CentOS] Why is yum not liked by some?

Steven Vishoot sir_funzone at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 16:08:08 UTC 2005

--- "Bryan J. Smith" <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:

> > Bryan,
> > if i was going to be a dick head and go after you
> for
> > posting on here i would.....and you would know it
> > too...because i would mention your name.....so get
> the
> > f%^$ off your high horse and everyone is not after
> > you.....i think it is time for you to take your
> pysch
> > meds again your getting a little paranoid
> again!!!!!
>
> I would just once like someone _else_ to be quoted.
>
> The coincidence between the first complaint and my
> self-removal of the thread ... then several days
> later, I
> respond again and another complaint is made, is just
> getting
> old.
>
> I'm not the only person in these threads.
>
> But it appears for whatever "consistency" -- my
> verbage, my
> technical detail, my offering of solutions, my
> requests that
> people actually have first-hand experience before
> pondering
> (and refusing to see things another way from those
> that do),
> etc..., etc..., etc... -- I'm _always_ the one
> quoted (if not
> directly accused).
>
> That's what drives "paranoia."
>
> I _never_ said people are "out to get me."  I just
> said it
> would be nice if people just didn't always pick my
> posts,
> quote me, etc...  That's all.  Sounds like _other_
> people
> read too much into things than myself.  They believe
> what
> _they_ want to believe about my posts.
>
> Which is my #1 pet-peeve, hypocrisy.
>

> --
> Bryan J. Smith                | Sent from Yahoo Mail
> mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org     |  (please excuse any
> http://thebs413.blogspot.com/ |   missing headers)

well Bryan,

like i said if i am going to go after anyone in
paticular i would mention names....other wise i am
saying in general. Also it just happens to coincidence
that your thread was the one i picked....But if you
want me to go after you by name i can.. But i dont
have any real beefs with you. talking about pet
peeves, one of them is when a thread has been beaten
the crap out of it and keeps on going that gets
annoying especially how this thread has gone. imho
this thread has circled the band wagon three times and
all three times it has said the same stuff again and again!

Steven

"On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section, it said 'Requires Windows or better'. So I installed Linux."