[CentOS] Why is yum not liked by some? -- If I walked into a room and annoyed almost every person

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Wed Sep 14 16:38:46 UTC 2005

Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com> wrote:
> Of course it was. But this isn't the first time the topic
> of you "sporting your knowledge" has come up.

*WHEN* did I "sport my knowledge" *1* time in this *ENTIRE*
thread!  God, I think the only things I mentioned were:

1.  I always run my own, internal repositories for clients

2.  You have to have run your own repositories to understand
the limits of YUM, or understand how deltas work to know they
don't solve the problem for clients (only mirrors)

> And it's not EVERY PERSON on this list that is wrong.

And I have _explicitly_ said "Select People" over and over.
I have explicitly said I don't care if it's "subscience" or
"dilberate," I want it to _stop_ from "Select People."
People always assuming things are due to 1 person, even if
subsconsicence and not intentional, have a nasty habit of
becoming habit.  ;->

Furthermore, several _other_ people affirmed #1 and #2 above
in addition to myself.  So I'm not the only one who said
basically the same thing (even if I might have been the
first).

> Something to think about, at least. If I walked into a room
> and annoyed almost every person in the room

Now _you_ are saying and asserting "annoyed almost every
person!"  Stop stating what you want me to have said, not
what I actually said!  God, are purposely trying to _drive_
the so-called "paranoia."

> I wouldn't think they were jerks, out to get me, I would
> wonder what I said or how I said what I said.

Actually, I'm _not_ the one calling you guys "jerks" or
otherwise.  I said I'm just tired of what I _see_ of "select
people" do on-list that is _only_ directed towards me an
_no_one_else_!  That's the reality, what you "select people"
do!

The hypocrisy is in the fact that you, among a handful of
others, are psycho-analyzing me, and contributing to the
"indirect paranoia" in the first place.  Stop and it will
end.  Continue and you wonder why I want to prevent people
from constantly attributing _everything_ to myself and myself
only.

I've had other, very illegal comments/deeds attributed to
myself on other lists because there quickly becomes the
default of "oh, that was Bryan Smith, he's always the
troublemaker and capable of anything."

> Just some helpful advice.

Bull, and you know it.  The hypocrisy of your agenda in this
message and the prior message has _you_ putting things in
more "absolutes" than anyone else!

Again, re-read your comments on:
- "sporting your knowledge"
- "If I walked into a room and annoyed almost every person in
the room"

You are _purposely_ trying to feed it right there!  And I'll
I'm saying ... "Select people ... dudes!  Please stop!"  ;->

After that, I'm _still_ saying _only_ select people.  And I'm
merely saying I'm "tired of the coincidences, even if they
are not deliberate and subsonscience."

But here's the deal.  It's clear that you do not like the
fact that I only "temporarily" stop posting.  So I'll now
make it permanent for the benefit of all you "select people"
think it is for.