[CentOS] errors received in logs

Steven Vishoot sir_funzone at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 17:57:56 UTC 2005

--- Ken Godee <ken at perfect-image.com> wrote:

> > hda: drive_cmd: status=0x51 { DriveReady
> SeekComplete
> > Error }
> > hda: drive_cmd: error=0x04Aborted Command
> >

> Errr... might be a silly question, but you
> didn't make it absolutely clear.
>
> Here's my start up message......

> hda: set_drive_speed_status: status=0x51 {
> DriveReady SeekComplete
>   Error }
> hda: set_drive_speed_status: error=0x04

> ahh, but missing the most important line of all
> right
> above it.....
>
> hda: COMPAQ CD-ROM SN-124, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
>
> Are you running SCSI?
>
> Are you sure the your main hard drive is "hda"?

Ken,

thank you for bringing that to my attention. hda is my
cdrom and that one is not imulating a scsi drive
either.

here is the info a few lines above the error message.
audit subsystem ver 0.1 initialized
Audit daemon registered (process 2535)
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP,TRISTATE]
lp0: using parport0 (polling).
lp0: console ready
usb.c: registered new driver serial
usbserial.c: USB Serial support registered for Generic
usbserial.c: USB Serial Driver core v1.4
st0: Block limits 1 - 16777215 bytes.
Via 686a/8233/8235 audio driver 1.9.1-ac2(RH1)
via82cxxx: Six channel audio available
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 00:11.5 to 64
ac97_codec: AC97 Audio codec, id: VIA97 (Unknown)
via82cxxx: board #1 at 0xE800, IRQ 5
via_audio: ignoring drain playback error -11
via_audio: ignoring drain playback error -11
via_audio: ignoring drain playback error -11
via_audio: ignoring drain playback error -11
via_audio: ignoring drain playback error -11
hda: drive_cmd: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete
Error }
hda: drive_cmd: error=0x04Aborted Command

to me it looks like that damn audio is giving me
troubles again. which i dont have audio install!

Steven

"On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section, it said 'Requires Windows or better'. So I installed Linux."