[CentOS] CentOS 4U2 timing.

Brian T. Brunner brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
Thu Sep 15 12:02:19 UTC 2005

Also, Upi, people need more than work, they need work patterns.
Making arch releases in a particular order is safer than an
'as available' order in many cases.

So the particular order is 'i386 first'.

If you were a (co)developer/tester/maintainer/distributor, your
work pattern would be significant.

So: Help row the boat, or (happily) enjoy the scenery.

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
(610)796-5838

>>> Jay.Hilliard at disney.com 09/15/05 01:47AM >>>
Pasi Pirhonen wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 05:52:15PM -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
>>We usually release our first arch (i386) with a week of the upstream
>>release and our other arches within a week after the first arch release.
>>

> I find it a bit offensive when it's brough out as it is above.
> It really should be 'we have a policy of releasing i386 first
> even when anything else would be ready before'.

Well, I appreciate the efforts of Johnny H. and if it takes a week or two,
regardless of ARCH, so be it.  He's doing a lot.  What happens if he needs an
extended vacation?  He *is* CentOS, you know (that's not sarcasm).
--
Jay