[CentOS] CentOS 4U2 timing. -- [OT] Participants and PARTICIPANTS

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Sep 15 18:55:36 UTC 2005

Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> He said that himself (almost), but strictly in the context
> of a question about managing the download/update
> repositories.  I don't think its fair to take it out of
> that context.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't mind if people trash my name
or the name of others, who are merely list members and
occassionally post things into Bugzilla.  We come and go and
we have our own interests

But as far as those putting in the hours on this project,
maintaining the facilities and infrastructure, etc..., cut
them or the people who hold them up, some slack.  Even if
much of what we gain from CentOS is due to the work others
would have to do anyway for their own needs, be glad they do
it for all of us.

Because that's what open source is about.  Respect the
developers who scratch their itch, because without it, we'd
all be lost.