[CentOS] Are PHP and MySQL running on my CentOS installation?

ABOKHALAF, Nassri Abdellatif naabokhalaf at refertelecom.pt
Fri Sep 16 11:11:36 UTC 2005

Dave,

What you need is php, msql & apache.

You can install all the packages via using yum

First execute

	yum install php php-mysql httpd mysqlclient10 mysql-server

yum will resolve all dependences for you and probably will install some
additional packages that you may need.

If you have some packages already installed yum will tell you !

After installation, you will have to start several services:

service httpd start
service mysqld start

to test that your webserver is running you can use your local browser

httpd://localhost

the best way to test php  is to put a phpinfo.php file in your webserver
document root usually in /var/www/html/.

Do the following:

vi /var/www/html/phpinfo.php

insert in the first line:

<? phpinfo(); ?>

To test php do the following:

httpd://localhost/phpinfo.php

it will show you your php configuration.

Nassri