[CentOS] [OT] DirectDial.com ....

Chris Mauritz chrism at imntv.com
Sat Sep 17 13:29:49 UTC 2005

William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

> .... does anyone onlist have any 1st-hand experience (good or bad) w/
> DirectDial.com for procuring computer components ? Thanks in advance
> :-). I am interested in them as a potential source for parts to build an
> Opteron box running Linux, probably CentOS, to bring this slightly on
> topic ....

Never heard of them.  For building whitebox systems, I've always had
pretty good luck with Newegg.com or Monarchcomputer.com.  Their prices
are usually nearly the lowest and both provide a good variety of gear
and have decent customer service.  Also, if you just want to buy cheap
whitebox rackmounts rather than build them from scratch, I've also had
good luck with pogolinux.com and 8anet.com.  If you need help
integrating the system, shoot me an email off list.

Cheers,