[CentOS] Are PHP and MySQL running on my CentOS installation?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 15:03:15 UTC 2005

On 9/17/05, Steven Vishoot <sir_funzone at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > We are trying to prevent comments to this list, like
> > the couple we had
> > already, saying that there are people not using
> > CentOS because there are
> > people here who want to flame and be assholes to
> > each other.
> >
> > Assholes will not be allowed to post to the lists
> > anymore ... period.

We all have a chance to learn from this interchange. As I said in a
summary of the thread: question asked (innocent enough but without
enough detail), direct on the money responses, a take your business
elsewhere response (even if that was not what was intended) , and then
a lot of heated interchanges.

It's all a matter of tone. There's a big diffeence (at least for new
users to Linux and CentOS) between: "Go ask your question on another
list - we don't care" and "I think you might try this ... and, by the
way, you might find more help on this topic on the ... list." I would
hope to see more of the latter responses.

Don't feed the assholes, and don't treat anyone who asks an innocent
question like an asshole.

--
Collins Richey
      Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code ... If you write