[CentOS] CentOS + GFS + EtherDrive

John Newbigin jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au
Mon Sep 19 01:50:06 UTC 2005

Bowie Bailey wrote:

> What is GNBD?
Global Network Block Device.  Similar to the network block device driver
but designed to work with GFS.  It can do things like multipath.

It allows you to share a locally attached disk over the network so you
can use GFS without shared storage hardware.

>>The servers are in the same rack and work well together.
>>
>>I don't know the maximum filesystem size, or if your hardware is
>>supported but read the docs and it won't cost you anything to try it.
>

> Actually, I'm trying to determine workability before I spend money on
> the storage hardware, so it will cost me quite a bit to try it.
I though you had the hardware already.  Make sure then before you spend
any $$$ because not all storage is GFS compatible.  Check out
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/admin-guide/ch-sysreq.html

In answer to your other question, I don't think you can mix GFS 6.0 &
GFS 6.1.