[CentOS] Update/upgrade paths?

Dave Laird dlaird at kharma.net
Mon Sep 19 04:33:13 UTC 2005

Why, good evening, Bob!!!

On Sunday 18 September 2005 4:51 pm, Robert Hanson wrote:

> Dave,
> Although I have had decent to good success with 3.x to 4.x upgrades myself,
> I do not recommend it in most circumstances.... and recommend backup of
> configs and data and then fresh install and reconfig and restore data etc
> Kind regards,

I just wanted to make certain it would even *work*, and it did. This
winter I would really *like* to avoid long trips to Republic's mines, and
if I can make this work remotely, it will save me some time spent sweating
on those icy lonesome roads. FWIW,  I was able to do two different kinds
of upgrades this afternoon, one remotely (across the room on a different
network) and one using 4.1 CD's and an existing 3.3 CentOS box.

However, it was good hearing from you. How is everything?

Dave Laird (Dave at kharma.net)
The Used Kharma Lot / The Phoenix Project
An automatic & random fortune for the Minute:
Paranoids are people, too; they have their own problems.  It's easy
to criticize, but if everybody hated you, you'd be paranoid too.
		-- D.J. Hicks