[CentOS] Recommendation for HTML editor

Paul subsolar at subsolar.com
Tue Sep 20 02:24:59 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 10:25 +0900, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> I was playing around with Nvu, and discovered it has serious problems.
> Mainly that it reformats one's code regardless of whether or not one
> selects the "Don't reformat code" option.

Yep, don't like that "feature" either ... best web editor I've found is
Macromedia Dreamweaver if you like to hand edit code and use WYSIWYG.
If Nvu had that option to "Don't reformat code" I would probably be more
than happy using it ... it even messes with comments and Javascript.

> I know there are a few HTML editors out there, so I'm not asking if they
> exist. What I'm wondering if there are those on this list who may have a
> recommendation for one they like and why. I'm also asking on some other
> lists.
>
> Although I'm looking for editors that will run on CentOS, I can
> understand if this strays too much from the topic of the list. PLease
> email me off list if you feel that would be more appropriate.

Well if you don't need WYSIWYG then Bluefish is a good code based editor
similar to the old Homesite before Macromedia bought it.

Paul