[CentOS] php with oci8 support

Thomas Jackson jackson at salk.edu
Tue Sep 20 21:30:52 UTC 2005

Thanks for the response.  That project is using a pretty old oracle
instant client so I passed on it.

I did get it working with only a few changes to the original source rpm
and a patch from oracle.  The problem is covered at...
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=31084

and the patch from oracle is available at....
http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/files/php_oci8ic_buildpatch.txt

Below is a diff of the spec file for php-4.3.9-3.8.src.rpm...

 61a62,64
> # Oracle fixes
> Patch79: php-4.3.9-oci8.patch

360a364,367
> %if %{with_oci8}
> %patch79 -p1 -b .oci8
> %endif

I don't know what the CentOS teams policy is on improving the packages
that get from upstream but this simple fix could solve a few problems.