[CentOS] CentOS4 and Apache-DBI

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 08:17:58 UTC 2005

On 21/09/05, David Hiltz <dhiltz at whsun1.wh.whoi.edu> wrote:
> I have the perl-Apache-DBI-0.94-1.2.el4.rf rpm installed.
> I have the same setup on an RHEL4 box and CentOS4 box and I get the same
> error. It's as if there is a mix of Apache2 and mod_perl1 (v1.99) stuff.
> Maybe somebody can simply install the perl-DBI and perl-Apache-DBI
> rpms and try starting their Apache2 server.

According to /usr/share/doc/mod_perl-1.99_16/README (rpm -qd mod_perl
pointed me there) the version of mod_perl supplied *is* intended for
Apache 2.x

This is mod_perl version 2.0-tobe
*** Prerequisites ***
  The DSO version of mod_perl works with Apache versions 2.0.47 -
  2.0.50. The static version -- with Apache versions 2.0.51 - 2.0.51.
  Newer Apache versions may work with this version of mod_perl.  If
  not, the cvs version likely will, which can be obtained from:
Perl version 5.6.1 or higher is required.
Perl version 5.8.0 or higher is required for threaded MPMs (worker,
winnt, etc.).

I've installed:

PerlModule Apache2
PerlModule Apache::DBI

... in /etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf httpd restarts no problem.  It's only when:

PerlModule Apache::AuthDBI

... is added that Apache starts to barf.
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/Apache/AuthDBI.pm is looking for
Apache/Constants.pm in the perl search path and can't find it. There's
no Apache/Constants.pm installed anywhere on this system.

Ah, if you add Apache::compat to conf.d/perl.conf that fixes it!

PerlModule Apache2
PerlModule Apache::compat
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlModule Apache::AuthDBI