[CentOS] FWIW...

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 17:06:39 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 11:44, Leonard Isham wrote:
> On 9/21/05, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 08:47, Dave Laird wrote:
> >
> > > Perhaps this will either help or encourage others interested in using
> > > CentOS as a networked workstation. It is based upon my experiences, and
> > > all other disclaimers apply.
> >
> > [...]
> > > 2. Of course, as nearly always is the case, regardless of which platform
> > > I've been using, I had to manually install the Java runtime and create a
> > > link for it in my Firefox configuration. It's not really a glitch; more
> > > like it is a fact of life.
> >
> > You might be interested in the k12ltsp distribution: they rebuild fedora
> > and now centos4 isos to include some extra stuff - mostly the ltsp
> > package to permit network booting of thin clients and some educational
> > packages.  They also add some push-button links to get some additional
> > software that can't be included - one of these gets the jre and plugin.
> > Isos are at:
>
> k12ltsp distribution: they rebuild fedora and now centos4
>
> Fedora Core 4 yes CentOS.., where?

Sorry, wrong links in that other message - these are for the
Centos4 based version:

       ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/4.2.1EL/iso/
       rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::K12LTSP-pre .

Their web site is usually out of date so the best place to check
is the k12osn mail list and the wiki at
http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/

--
  Les Mikesell