[CentOS] Java -- again

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 01:36:28 UTC 2005

On 9/21/05, Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net> wrote:
> Thanks Dag,
>
>     I thought I'd remembered reading that somewhere before.  One
> question tho, how come when I try to do a yum install something it
> always comes back saying nothing to do.  Is that because there is no
> matching file or is my yum.conf messed up?

It's matching your architecture, which is x86_64. Since there's no
java package for that, it's not showing up, and there's "nothing to
do" to install it since it doesn't exist for that arch. Your yum setup
is fine. that package just isn't in the 64bit repository.

--
Jim Perrin
System Administrator - UIT