[CentOS] A little iptables help

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Sep 28 15:49:57 UTC 2005

James Pifer wrote:

> No, I need to forward several machines through a specific port to a
> single machine. Not "forward 8000 to several hosts".

James, you don't say if you need to forward one port or all ports to that single
machine. There is no way to forward from a single port on the firewall to *all* ports
on the target host. You can, however, forward individual ports: say from port 8000 on
the firewall to port 80 on the target host.

I did this successfully providing external SSH access to a collection of hosts on a
private network. However for this to work, the hosts on the private net also need to
be doing SNAT back out through the firewall.

Kirk Bocek