[CentOS] Headline - Linux misses Windows of opportunity -- incompetent local resource

Maurice Aubrey maurice at redweek.com
Thu Sep 29 23:54:33 UTC 2005

Bryan J. Smith wrote:
 >File this one on "Linux loses due to incompetent local
 >support resources."  No need to have meta-discussions on
 >anything else -- the comparison of RHN/Update to SUS is
 >laughable.

Nice response. Yeah, it sounds like Mr. Horton was just looking
for an excuse to switch to windows and didn't make any real effort
to address the problem.

I've been using RH in production environments since around 95, and
have had very good success. I've never had a problem with automatic
updates. Just rebooted a RHEL database machine that's been working 24/7
for the last 390 days (kernel upgrade). And that's not exceptional.

Maurice