[CentOS] [OT] 3Ware 9.2.1.1 firmware for 9000 series released

Thu Sep 1 13:05:30 UTC 2005
Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu>

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 at 1:15pm, Kirk Bocek wrote

> Here are the version numbers I get after installing the 9.2.1.1 release:
>
> Model  	9500S-4LP
>   Firmware 	FE9X 2.08.00.003
>   Driver 	2.26.03.019fw
>   BIOS 	BE9X 2.03.01.052
>   Boot Loader 	BL9X 2.02.00.001
>
> A bit confusing. I thought I saw a map of code set releases to various version
> numbers but I couldn't find it on 3Ware's site.

They're in the Release notes you can get from 3ware's download page.  Note
that they have a 2.08.00.005 firmware version that is *not* bundled in the
'fw' version of the driver, and the release notes say that you need that
version of the firmware (or newer) to fix the multiple unit cache problem
(the performance killer).

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering