[CentOS] installing on 915GAVL motherboard kernel bombs and/or X bombs

Fri Sep 2 21:30:26 UTC 2005
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

I got a new box today. 915GAVL motherboard. Celeron 2.4G
1 GIG mem 80GIG SATA drive.

When I boot centos I have had various stages of success.
Once I got as far as partitioning the disk manually and X blew
and the machine rebooted.

Couple times I have had kernel crashes at different stages of install.

I have not has trouble installing before and was wondering if there
 are suggestions.

I did try installing without X "linux text pci=noapci" and that stopped
also.

All anaconda says is "install exited abnormally".

I went ot the hardware monitor portion and seems stable CPU temp
at around 48-50C.

Any ideas?

Jerry