[CentOS] tripwire?

Tue Sep 6 10:58:43 UTC 2005
Mark Weaver <mdw1982 at mdw1982.com>

Craig White wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 16:13 -0400, Scot L. Harris wrote:

>>>----
>>>yum --enablerepo=centosextras install tripwire
>>>
>>>the mirrors should list the other repositories...
>>>
>>>http://centos.cs.ucr.edu/centos/4.1/
>>>

>>I went to a mirror with a similar set of directories as the site above
>>but did not find tripwire listed under extras or the other directories I
>>looked at.
>>http://centos.cs.ucr.edu/centos/4.1/extras/i386/RPMS/  this is the
>>specific directory I looked under and don't see tripwire listed.
>>
>>And it looks like I have centosplus and extras activated in the yum
>>configuration file.
>>
>>I initially tried a yum install tripwire then I went looking for the
>>package.
>
> ----
> I guess that's correct - Karanbir Singh evidently maintains his own
> collection that he doesn't put into centos - in this case, I thought
> extras would correlate to centos-extras but it didn't
>
> Craig

Say, I noticed upon installing the package and then reading through the
quickstart file that there's supposed to be an install.sh file that
needs to be run in order to sign the config files. The problem is that
this file apparently doesn't exist! (/etc/tripwire/twinstall.sh)

Any ideas or info about this?

thanks,

--
Mark