[CentOS] CBQ and/or HTB help needed

Sun Sep 11 04:03:41 UTC 2005
Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com>

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 06:07 +0200, Maciej Żenczykowski wrote:

> I'm not sure how to determine whether a given network packet is an FTP
> packet or not...
>
> the ftp-data connection has no strictly specified TCP ports - it can be a
> normal TCP connection between a random port on your computer and a random
> port on someone else.  (most ftpd's do not use the ftpdata tcp port for
> anything instead using unpriviledged random high port numbers)

	You can adjust this with vsftpd and cbq (and htb I'm sure) so that's
not an issue.  The problem I am having is that scripts which used to
work on the old system, and _should_ work fine now just don't do any
limiting.  It's like they're not even there.

	I'm willing to give root access to my box to anyone who thinks they
might be able to fix this.

--
Joe Klemmer <joe at webtrek.com>
Linux/UNIX System Administrator | Linux Instructor | Resident Hacker