[CentOS] /etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs freezes during boot up

Sun Sep 11 19:47:38 UTC 2005
Ryan Lum <cow at launchpc.com>

I have another problem, but I have found a work around.  However, I don't
know why it works.  I was hoping someone could help.

With some help from some previous people on the list, I have my CentOS 4
install to work.  I had some previous problems with PCMCIA freezing which
was caused by my video card.  The next thing to freeze was
/etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs.  My first work around was to linux rescue and remove
from the directory which allow me to startup.  Although, I executed the
script with "xfs start" and it started fine.  So, I recopied the script back
into the proper directory but added a "sleep 5" at the beginning.  The trick
worked, but my question is why does it prevent it from hanging.