[CentOS] SMART error (OfflineUncorrectableSector) detected on host: SMART error (CurrentPendingSector) detected on host

Thu Sep 15 09:20:13 UTC 2005
Abilash Praveen M <abilashpraveen82 at hotmail.com>

Hello,

SMART error (OfflineUncorrectableSector) detected on host:
The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon:
Device: /dev/hdb, 2 Offline uncorrectable sectors
For details see host's SYSLOG (default: /var/log/messages).

You can also use the smartctl utility for further investigation.
No additional email messages about this problem will be sent.

SMART error (CurrentPendingSector) detected on host:
The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon:
Device: /dev/hdb, 2 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
For details see host's SYSLOG (default: /var/log/messages).

You can also use the smartctl utility for further investigation.
No additional email messages about this problem will be sent.

I tried to smartcl.. but it won't let me in to the mounted partition. Please help! Is this a very serious issue? It was a very new HDD and I wonder how I got the uncorrectable sectors. Should I have to replace my HDD?

Thanks,
Abilash Praveen M