[CentOS] Capturing audio streams with Linux?

Thu Sep 15 14:33:05 UTC 2005
Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com>

So I got a new Pocket PC this weekend (yes, you read that right, sorry,
don't like the Palms on offer currently and I can at least install
software on it via Windows on VMWare). One of the main things I wanted
to do with it is get Audible.com again and listen to All Things
Considered from NPR on the way home like I used to. Now I find out they
not only don't have an agreement with Audible any longer where I can pay
them for this service, but now they are podcasting, but not the whole
show. *sigh*

So what to do.... My thinking is to capture the stream from local
affiliate and time shift until I leave work. But how do I do this (I
know how to use dump with mplayer for this) without getting one gigantic
file? Anyone have any experience with this?

Preston