[CentOS] Help Wanted With kPPP

Sun Sep 25 07:39:36 UTC 2005
Glen Roy <centos at cooyal.com>

Hi all. Firstly, I apologize if this question has been asked before,
which I'm sure it has. I'm only new to Linux although I have been
'dabbling' for awhile now with Ubuntu, Fedora Core 4, SimplyMEPIS,
Xandros to name a few. I found Centos 4.1 on the cover disk of the
September issue of APC Magazine and thought I'd give it a go. I want to
learn linux and thought this one was the most compatible with RedHat. I
know Fedora comes close but I had a few headaches with it. Anyway, what
I need to know is the following.

I need all users to be able to dial into the Internet using either kppp
or whatever without being asked for a root password. I only have
dial-up, thanks to Telstra. I've searched for days and tried various
things but no luck. Please help me out with simple, step-by-step
instructions aimed at a new user. I tried changing permissions, creating
dialout group and adding users but no luck. Hope to hear from someone
soon in regards to this issue.

PS: It doesn't necessarily have to be kppp but any easy to use dialer.