[CentOS] Installing 3Ware 9.2.1.1 firmware

Thu Sep 1 14:06:43 UTC 2005
Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu>

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 at 8:50am, Jay wrote

> We have drives that "Degrade"  when under medium load and tech support
> from 3ware says
> to install the lattes driver and firmware for the card to fix the
> problem.  Running CentOS 4.1 2.6.9.11 Kernel.  After downloading the
> source file and running make I receive scrolling error messages. Has
> anyone installed this on Cent OS? Should the source be used or will
> one of the prebuilt version work? Please advise.

The error message would be helpful, but I'll wager a guess.  Did you
modify the makefile to point at the right directory?  By default, it
doesn't.  I commented out the first line and added:

SRC := /usr/src/kernels/2.6.9-11.EL-smp-i686

I believe you need the appropriate kernel-devel (or kernel-smp-devel) for
it to work as well.  It compiled for me just fine (I haven't installed it
yet, though).

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering