[CentOS] sshd ipv6 logging in CentOS4

Sun Sep 4 11:24:31 UTC 2005
Maciej Żenczykowski <maze at cela.pl>

> This got me curious. Looking at /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-
> ipv6, you can control ipv6 from /etc/sysconfig/network.
>
> # Uses following information from "/etc/sysconfig/network":
> #  NETWORKING_IPV6=yes|no: controls IPv6 initialization (global setting)
> #  IPV6_DEFAULTDEV=<device>: controls default route (optional)
> #  IPV6_DEFAULTGW=<address>: controls default route (optional)

That's what I was thinking of... I haven't tested this in a while (and
don't feel like rebooting to test it now), but last time I set
NETWORKING_IPV6=no resulted in IPV6 initialization not being performed,
_BUT_ enough IPV6 initialization was done (possibly due to module
autoloading?) to result in the ipv6 module loading (and that's enough for
later programs to do pointless (in a non-IPV6 environment) IPv6
queries/connects/sockets etc.)

Cheers,
MaZe.