[CentOS] Changing permissions on files that only exist during USB operation [SOLVED]

Tue Sep 6 14:10:46 UTC 2005
Dave Gutteridge <dave at tokyocomedy.com>

>jpilot and gpilot are completely different programs and they share
>nothing but probably the symbolic link to /dev/pilot and that's it.

I see. Thank you for clearing that up.

After completely halting gpilot and rebooting and various attempts at
finding the right order of pressing which sync button at which time,
something has finally changed. The error no longer comes up, and if I
press the sync on the Palm first, and then the sync button in JPilot
second, I can successfully sync between them.

I appreciate you and the other members of the list walking me through
this and getting it to work.

Dave