[CentOS] 802.11g pcmcia card?

Tue Sep 6 17:40:42 UTC 2005
Troy Engel <tengel at fluid.com>

You're not giving him the whole picture - Atheros cards work well if you
can manage to get the MadWifi to work, or use a shim like DriverLoader
to use the Windows binaries.

On my FC4 laptops (CentOS for servers, but they should be generally
compatible) I use a Prism54 chipset card (a Netgear 'silver' model, the
older v1) which only requires a firmware object file to be downloaded
from the 'net, and the RaLinkTech (rt25xx) card which you can get a
pretty good working driver for at http://rt2400.sf.net. I had nothing
but problems trying to get an Atheros card working, and eventually just
gave it away.

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer