[CentOS] Why is yum not liked by some?

Wed Sep 7 22:49:28 UTC 2005
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 14:53, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> > at any rate - sometimes journal'd filesystems are damaged
> > and the only sure way to know is to fsck it - which the
>
> Exactomundo.  Journaling filesystems are not the savior of
> disk corruption, only the reducer of boot times -- unless you
> have something like full data journaling with a NVRAM.

I've had a couple of boxes with Reiserfs crash recently from
UPS problems and multiple times they have refused to mount
without a fsck with --rebuild-tree, which takes a full day
or so.  I thought the point of journaling was to avoid needing
that...  Is there any reason to expect better from xfs?  These
are running backuppc and need better-than-ext3 performance
at creating/removing files.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com