[CentOS] NetPBM

Thu Sep 8 17:52:46 UTC 2005
William J.A. Brillinger <billy at pdcweb.net>

At 12:37 PM 08/09/2005, you wrote:
>>Do I need to install the netpbm-progs.i386 and netpbm-devel.i386 also??
>
>netpbm-progs is the command line utilities
>
>Cheers,
>MaZe.

netpbm-progs.i386                        10.25-2.EL4.1          update
Matched from:
netpbm-progs

"Tools for manipulating graphics files in netpbm supported formats.
The netpbm-progs package contains a group of scripts for manipulating the
graphics files in formats which are supported by the netpbm libraries.  For
example, netpbm-progs includes the rasttopnm script, which will convert a
Sun rasterfile into a portable anymap.  Netpbm-progs contains many other
scripts for converting from one graphics file format to another.

If you need to use these conversion scripts, you should install
netpbm-progs.  You'll also need to install the netpbm package."

It would have been nice if the description (above) include the text
"command line tools" or similar.

Thank you for your help!
- Bill

William J.A. Brillinger