[CentOS] wpa_supplicant

Thu Sep 8 22:37:42 UTC 2005
Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com>

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, centos at 911networks.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running Centos 4.1 on a Dell D610 with ipw2200.
>
> Any good howto for running wpa-psk?
>
> I have searched and not found much related to RHEL or CentOS.

I'm pulling my hair out as I read this email. I tried getting this working
this weekend. Compaq Presario with an Intel ipw2200. Seemed pretty safe.
Wanted to get it running with WPA, same as you. I never got it to work and
just ended up returning the wireless router (it was malfunctioning anyway,
resetting even on the cabled computers) and giving up on it. It was a sad
situation. I tried everything, including Ubuntu (which has some good
how-tos), but nothing worked. I eventually I talked to some people on
#wireless who said WPA wasn't ready for primetime on Linux. I don't know.

Preston