[CentOS] NetPBM

Fri Sep 9 01:39:18 UTC 2005
William J.A. Brillinger <billy at pdcweb.net>

At 08:25 PM 08/09/2005, you wrote:
> > It would have been nice if the description (above) include the text
> > "command line tools" or similar.
>
>Well, it does say "script" four times, although I suppose
>non-programmers might not make the connection between "script" and
>"command-line".

I found the descriptions for all 3 netpbm packages to be similar enough
that they all became vague.

netpbm
The netpbm package contains a library of functions which...

netpbm-progs
The netpbm-progs package contains a group of scripts for...

netpbm-devel
The netpbm-devel package contains the header files and static libraries...

hmmm.
But in any case, it's all working now.

It interesting to me that you infer that one need's to be a programmer to
'get' it - which I suppose it why Linux has not caught on at the desktop
level yet really. Most people don't 'get' it.

I've been programming for 15 years and script to me sounds like "a series
of commands to make a task easier" not the executables which would
interface with my "scripts".

Oh well.

I've sent a short message to the developer suggesting a minor rewording for
the "Linix Dumb", like me. I'll catch on yet.

Cheers,
- Bill

William J.A. Brillinger
Precision Design Co.