[CentOS] The current state of palm syncing on Linux?

Sat Sep 10 04:23:12 UTC 2005
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 12:34 +0900, Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> I've been searching around on the internet trying to find out about
> conduits and options for syncing programs with my Palm Pilot device.
> Google searches turn up a lot of discussion on the matter over a two or
> three year period, everything from people talking about doing it or how
> it should be done or how much they want it done.
>
> But I can't actually determine what, if any, tangible projects are out
> there for doing any kind of Palm syncing.
>
> The two programs I would most like to sync with my Palm are Thunderbird
> (just the addresses, not the email) and GnuCash (via FreeCoins?).
>
> It would seem I'm not the only one who would like to do this, and there
> are tantalizing hints that there are possibly conduits either in
> development or beta for doing this.
>
> But I seem to be wading neck deep in lots of online forum discussion
> that is obscuring my path to finding out what the actual status is.
>
> Is there anyone on this list who knows what is possible as far as
> syncing with a Palm Pilot goes, where I might find concrete answers,
> and/or how I might best configure it on my system?
-----
my perusal of the system shows little progress made on integration of
syncml into Thunderbird and some made into Sunbird (calendar) - I'm sure
you have your reasons to like Thunderbird over Evolution but you can get
your address book sync' easily with Evolution - apparently not with
Thunderbird (don't let me be the last word on this).

FreeCoins seems to have one primary driver behind it and the forum there
apparently has a gnucash developer that's interested in integration but
it does seem that development is slow - I'm going to presume that you
saw this forum note but just in case you didn't...

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?
thread_id=7315982&forum_id=1089

Seems like you might get something usable eventually, the timing of
course isn't clear.

Craig