[CentOS] Mailinglist moderation

Sat Sep 10 12:13:35 UTC 2005
Chris Mauritz <chrism at imntv.com>

Dominik Składanowski wrote:

>In my opinion the best way would be make few more detailed lists. Ex.:
>security at centos.org hardware at centos.org etc.

That NEVER works.  "Naughty" folks are going to want to get their say.
If they feel like they are being marginalised by being "forced" onto a
lesser traffic list, they'll usually just post to the main list anyway.
Rather than have anyone waste their time moderating the list, my
suggestion (again) is that people who are annoyed by the volume or
content of posts simply use a filter on their mail client.  I generally
use Thunderbird these days and it literally took no more than a couple
of minutes to set up the filtering.  It's been quite effective for me.

Cheers,