[CentOS] Mailinglist moderation

Sat Sep 10 16:15:49 UTC 2005
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>

On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 06:49, Dominik Składanowski wrote:

> In my opinion the best way would be make few more detailed lists. Ex.:
> security at centos.org hardware at centos.org etc.
>
> Regards.

More lists are not going to resolve the afore mentioned issue.  More
lists will lead to cross posting between the lists (just to make sure
those that know something see your particular problem) and the threads
that drift off topic and devolve to the point that no useful info is
being exchanged will still occur. Just in more places and most likely
with posts to several lists.   I don't think there is any easy way to
curb such threads that devolve to such a point.  An email filter will
work but it is like trying not to watch a train wreck.  You just hate to
miss it.  :)