[CentOS] RPMs for CentOS

Sun Sep 11 13:25:01 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 14:10 +0200, Gilles CHAUVIN wrote:
> On 9/11/05, Edward Diener <eddielee at tropicsoft.com> wrote:
> > When looking for RPMs for CentOS 4.1 outside of the yum CentOS repositories, do
> > I choose the version of a product which says for FC4, or what, if there is no
> > specific version mentioned for CentOS ?
> >
> RHEL4 and, I guess, FC3 should work !

I would NOT recommend using FC3 rpms (though that is the closest FC to
CentOS-4).

The repos where you should look are:

1. Dag's el4:
http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#B4

2. KBS-CentOS-Extras:
http://centos.karan.org/

3. Dries el4:
http://dries.ulyssis.org/rpm/

Only install packages for el4 / CentOS-4 ... otherwise you risk breaking
things due to the shared library differences.

> See Dag's "el4" repo, there are a lot of RPM available there (even if
> some aren't very up to date).

Dag's stuff for el4 is usually very up to date.