[CentOS] New to the list and one quick question

Tue Sep 13 02:43:10 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 18:53 -0500, cajun wrote:
> I am running right now RH9 fully updated on a Dell PowerEdge 1600SC
> with 512megs of Ram, 18G SCSI HD ... RH9 disk 1 checked out fine, so I
> dropped in the CentOS disk 1 and ran it.  It checked out fine and so
> did all the rest of them. Is this a vaild test??  Or am I just blowing
> in the wind here??  Thanks for any input into this matter!!

Any reason you want to install CentOS when you have a running RHL9
system?

BTW, although I've had no major issues updating RHL to FC releases, as
FC is the logical upgrade path, RHEL/CentOS is not designed to be an
upgrade option for RHL.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com