[CentOS] mkfs.ext3 on a 9TB volume

Tue Sep 13 14:05:36 UTC 2005
Brian T. Brunner <brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com>

Add to your soap-box: the standard 'man' is disregarded, you are left to use (non-standard) info.

There's a man -k call, I haven't found an info -k equivalent.

Yes, there's a great calling for thankless man page writing in the *nix world.

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
(610)796-5838

>>> wam at HiWAAY.net 09/13/05 08:24AM >>>
Chris Mauritz wrote:

<snip>

> Perhaps I'm just extremely lucky, but I've not run into this magic 1TB
> barrier that I see bandied about here.  Heck, if you're willing to
> roll the dice on Hitachi drives, you can get a terabyte these days
> with just 2 hard disks in the array with RAID0 or 3 disks with RAID5.
> Unfortunately, a lot of the documentation and FAQs are quite out of
> date which can lead to some confusion.

Grrrrrrrrrrr, 1 of my *long time* complaints w/ Linux (any Linux,
apparently) is that nobody bothers to keep
man-pages/FAQS/other-documentation up to date. The cron(8) on my SuSE
9.2 P4 is dated 1996 (!!!). I lay this at the feet of the distro folks
myself, but none of them have taken it up :-) ....

--
	William A. Mahaffey III