[CentOS] Re: Why is yum not liked by some? -- new tanget: BS thinks everyone is "out to get him"

Wed Sep 14 16:47:45 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com> wrote:
> If this has happened in the past, ask yourself what the
> common denominator is.

Yes, that "select people" will attribute everything to me.

> Because I wasn't on those lists. Nor were most posters
> here.

Someone posted that he posts timebombs in programs and they
go off if he doesn't get paid (and sends in the code to stop
the timebomb).  That was attributed to myself, quite
widespread, even though I didn't say it.

And when someone's server got hacked, several people told the
FBI I did it.  I basically didn't sleep for several nights in
fear of being raided and having all my equipment taken, given
the circumstances involved.  Especially given the fact that
my wife earns a chunk of her living teaching on-line.

It's the "use Bryan by default" -- even if subconscience,
that I can_not_ tolerate to start.  It has cost me dearly in
the past, because people do _exactly_ what you're doing.