[CentOS] Does anyone use VMWare 4.5.2 on CentOS 4?

Wed Sep 14 18:50:01 UTC 2005
Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com>

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 08:28 -0700, Preston Crawford wrote:

> I'm trying to use my copy and whenever I reboot I have to reconfigure
> everything again using vmware-config.pl. Any idea why I might have to do
> this? Is there something about the way services are setup under CentOS 4
> or something?

	I've had similar problems since upgrading my devel box to FC4.  I also
get a strangeness where vmware-config.pl runs fine the first time you
use it but if you run it again it sends itself to the background and
waits.  Once this has happened any program that is run, via command line
or gui or cron will kick itself to the bg and wait.  Nothing is visible
yet the programs are in ps.

--
Joe Klemmer <joe at webtrek.com>
Linux/UNIX System Administrator | Linux Instructor | Resident Hacker